Career Path: The objective of the Certified Virtualization Expert® designation is to confirm upon the certificate holder the best of breed of virtual infrastructure professional certifications. The CVE® conveys that the individual who achieves the certification not only has the certificate, but more importantly possesses the in-depth knowledge related to virtual design, maintenance, and infrastructure management, is a subject matter expert in the field of virtualization, and that his/her training is current, relevant, and complete. Certification can lead to better visibility, opportunities, and jobs.
This series covers everything you need to know becoming a Certified Virtualization Security Expert. Students will learn about routing and the security design of VMware, Remote DataStore security, Penetration Testing 101, information gathering, scanning and enumeration, penetration testing and the tools of the trade, DMZ virtualization and common attack vectors, hardening your ESX server, hardening your ESXi server, hardening your vCenter server, and 3rd party mitigation tools.
- Lesson 01 - Primer and Reaffirming Our Knowledge
- Lesson 02 - Routing and the Security Design of VMware
- Lesson 03 - Remote DataStore Security
- Lesson 04 - Penetration Testing 101
- Lesson 05 - Information Gathering, Scanning and Enumeration
- Lesson 06 - Penetration Testing and the Tools of the Trade
- Lesson 07 - DMZ Virtualization and Common Attack Vectors
- Lesson 08 - Hardening Your ESX Server
- Lesson 09 - Hardening Your ESXi Server
- Lesson 10 - Hardening Your vCenter Server
- Lesson 11 - 3rd Party Mitigation Tools