Career Path: Security+ provides substantial earnings potential - according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Security Specialists, Administrators and Managers earn over $86,000 per year. Companies that use CompTIA Security+ include Apple, Dell, HP, IBM, Intel, and the U.S. Department of Defense. This certification can lead to jobs as a Security Specialist/Administrator, Security Consultant, Security or Systems Administrator, and Network Administrator.
CompTIA Security+ is the certification globally trusted to validate foundational, vendor- neutral IT security knowledge and skills. As a benchmark for best practices in IT security, this certification covers the essential principles for network security and risk management – making it an important stepping stone of an IT security career. Recommended experience for this certification includes CompTIA Network+ and two years of experience in IT administration with a security focus. No prerequisites required.
- Lesson 02 - Analyzing Risk
- Lesson 03 - Identifying Security Threats
- Lesson 04 - Conducting Security Assessments
- Lesson 05 - Implementing Host and Software Security
- Lesson 06 - Implementing Network Security
- Lesson 07 - Managing Identity and Access
- Lesson 08 - Implementing Cryptography
- Lesson 09 - Implementing Operational Security
- Lesson 10 - Addressing Security Issues
- Lesson 11 - Ensuring Business Continuity